Monday, March 8, 2021

The Amazing Scott Onstott

 

A week or two ago, the subject came up of Washington, DC being a literal “Satanic magnet.” Meaning to refresh my memory about that, I pulled down from my dusty shelf two DVDs—Secrets in Plain Sight, Vols. 1 and 2—(along with my Belly of the Beast DVD, and a book, The Secret Architecture of Our Nation’s Capital by David Ovason (1999, 2000, 2002)).

Probably because I wasn’t looking forward to reviewing what I vaguely recalled as depressing stuff (and already in a state of anxiety while awaiting President Trump’s long-belated return), I procrastinated. Besides, it was creepy enough living in close proximity to DC, so this likely also put me off from following through.

Yesterday, however, I finally picked up Onstott’s grand opus and put the first DVD in the player. Vol. 1 was over three hours of still-amazing revelations that sent this close-to-doddering old cultural mutant past Neptune and back into orbit around Uranus!

Overwhelmed, I headed down to the wine cellar to retrieve a bottle of 2015 Spanish rioja, thinking this might help calm my nerves. Predictably, I was soon too addled and fell asleep before I could finish watching Vol. 2.

Suffice it to say that the facts and figures that Scott unleashes may drive even the most intrepid scholar “drinkward,” unless of course he or she is better grounded in math and general science, physics, architecture and esoterica than is this hardworking creative loafer. Just in Vol. 1 alone, Onstott presents enough secret knowledge to keep anyone busy for at least an entire lifetime.

See for yourself. Here’s Vol. 1: https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/secrets-plain-sight/

So just who is Scott Onstott? From his Amazon bio page:

I have been teaching architects, engineers and builders design software for more than two decades. I've worked with top firms, written two dozen books and produced dozens of commercial video courses. I taught over a thousand students face-to-face and my online courses have millions of views across many platforms.

My professional focus is teaching AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, 3ds Max, Unity and Photoshop (see scott.training for more info). My passion project, 'Secrets in Plain Sight,' a documentary series on patterns in art, architecture & urban design, has become a cult-classic with more than 10 million views.

I've done dozens of interviews, spoken on stage at conferences and events and have written and self-published 7 books on related themes for the general audience.

I have a Bachelor of Arts in Architecture from the University of California at Berkeley, class of 1992. I was born and lived in California for 33 years and early in the 21st century emigrated to Canada. I'm now a dual-citizen and currently live in coastal British Columbia.

I was born without both of my legs below the knee and without my right hand due to fibrous bands that wrapped my limbs in utero. I've walked on artificial legs all my life, but you probably wouldn't know it if you met me. This situation has given me a different perspective on life for which I am actually grateful. These unusual physical limitations helped me to see at an early age that the body is a vehicle for the soul's journey.

https://www.amazon.com/Scott-Onstott/e/B001H6GABO/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

 And here is his bio from Graham Hancock’s website:

Scott Onstott is the creator of the Secrets In Plain Sight video series, an inspiring exploration of great art, architecture, and urban design unveiling the unlikely intersection of geometry, mysticism, physics, music, astronomy, and world history. Secrets In Plain Sight has been seen by more than 3 million people to date. He is also the author of 11 technical books on architectural software and 4 more books on esoteric subjects. Scott just published Quantification, a book of his thought-provoking color illustrations. Quantification examines patterns in the Great Pyramid, in the human body and in the Earth, and reveals uncanny distances between sacred sites. Scott has a degree in architecture and worked designing corporate interiors for a decade in San Francisco before becoming an independent teacher, author and filmmaker.

https://grahamhancock.com/author/scottonstott/

…OK, I’ve looked around online. I’ve found Mr. Onstott’s central site. So rather than have me blather on, go ahead and go there yourself. Start here:  https://www.scott.training/

NOTE:  As to DC being "Satan's magnet," I must point out that Scott is not one to attribute much to "Satan." Rather, he takes this conspiracy of re-occurring patterns and numbers in stride, setting forth the evidence and letting the audience draw its own conclusions from there (much as the Faul brothers did in their Belly of the Beast).

When I found this little ditty at the end of his essay, What Is Light? ( https://www.scott.training/pages/sips-blog ) I knew that the following applied to me (and lots of us out there):

There was a young fellow from Trinity
who took the square root of infinity.
But the number of digits
gave him the fidgets;
He dropped Math and took up Divinity.

GEORGE GAMOW

That’s when I shut down — for now, anyway. But I'll be back at it. And for all you others out there who are game, enjoy!

No comments: