Monday, February 5, 2018

Soul Enticed: Essays in Unlearning

Published on January 22, 2018
Lulu Publishing Services
Genre: Christian/Religion/ Spirituality
110 Pages
 
With the publishing of Soul Enticed I have attempted to reconcile the darker side, Wyman Wicket, with the lighter side, Jack Suss. (Mr. Wicket—“Why man wicked?”—wrote the Foreword to this book by Suss.) I'm not sure how people will react to the pen-name-me essentially "in dialogue with" the-"real"-me. I don't even know if what I am attempting here is novel or not. But I like what I've done in this respect: it is as if I've balanced or merged my id and my ego. (It might be compared to trying to resolve a kind of Wilbur/Mr. Ed displacement conundrum.)
 
In Soul Enticed I have tried to express the conundrum Catholics face during this time of absolute corruption of the Church’s upper hierarchy and society; the devastation of the Mass, etc., cinched by the perfidies of Vatican II; and the difficulties in finding a priest ordained prior to 1965 who (notwithstanding the Church of Rome’s 500 years of usury) has more of the real “spiritual juice” and from whom one might receive something closer to the full vigor of the sacraments. In reality, today’s Catholics are adrift and on their own, i.e., separated from rock-solid institutional guidance and support, and from the grace regularly available via receiving the sacraments. Fortunately, as a perennial outsider, I have had lots of experience toughing things out.
 
I am writing here as a "non-denominational Catholic." A non-denominational Catholic just means a real Catholic without the corruption from the top and who does not identify and practice among any established group of "traditional Catholics." (Although quite "wordy," the following site does a good job of explaining what I might adopt as my own stance: http://ourladysresistance.org/about-us.html Also, do a search for, and learn about, "the third secret of Fatima.”) Go here if you wish to survey the numerous traditional Catholic groups: http://www.trusaint.com/traditional-catholic-issues-and-groups/  Among them are the SSPX (Society of St. Pius X), SSPV (Society of St. Pius V), CMRI (Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen), and the FSSP (Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter).
 
Regardless, as one who never fit in anyway, it is not very surprising that I would form my own “group of one” that seeks to suss out authentic Roman Catholicism. And the ultimate objective of Soul Enticed may just be to “drain the Vatican and bishopric swamp” of all apostates who subscribe to the corrupted Church of St. Peter—viz., the usury, Talmudic/Kabbalist/Pharisaic occultism, modernism, and mindless ecumenism and indifferentism.
 
Michael Hoffman's criticism of "traditional Catholic" groups is that they are pre-Vatican II believers who are oblivious to the scandalous 500-year usury issue; the very popes they look to as standard bearers of traditional Catholicism were in fact illegitimate in the sense that they never renounced and seriously sought to rid the Church of the practice of usury, accepted since Pope Leo X. And, according to Hoffman, along with the mortal sin of usury comes sodomy and moral relativism. Oh wonder of wonders!
 
Of course it can be argued that if usury had already long corrupted the Roman Catholic Church, then you (if you were reared Catholic) and I never really got the real thing in the first place. In a sense this is true. For example, compare our “post-modernist” fat-cat-folk-mass Faith to the pure Faith of, say, a Pope St. Gregory the Great (540-604), often considered to be the first medieval pope (as mentioned in the Foreword). 
 
However, in its purity the Catholic Faith can be apprehended, as it should be, from studying the Bible, esp. the gospel of Jesus, and a rigorous review of the theology, dogma, catechism, and all time-tested ecclesiastical teachings and traditions of the Church. Upon that rationale I go forth to find my own way, though I must confess that it has only been about three months since I have reclaimed the full vigor of my Catholic faith convictions. At present I am separated from the conventions, viz., the Mass and the sacraments while I search for a priest through whom I can repose my Faith (preferably, though not necessarily, a priest who was ordained before 1965, i.e., before the heresies of Vatican II fatally infiltrated Roman Catholicism).
 
Today there are a host of “traditional Catholic” groups. Again, for me, a "non-denominational Catholic" means a real Catholic, without the corruption from the top, who does not identify and practice within any of these traditionalist groups. These groupings are nothing short of a new Reformation, though instead of a Protestant revolution, it is a Traditionalist revolution. Thus, by calling myself a “non-denominational Catholic,” I mean to remain staunchly Roman Catholic, albeit according to my less-formal-but-studied discernment of truth according to the Faith.
 
In times such as these the Faith remains in the People, similar to the situation in which today’s real patriots find themselves when faced with the vagaries of the Cryptocracy. Maybe I come off as too vain, too big for my layman's britches, and not cognizant enough of humility. But doggone it, I can't sit still and “take it” anymore. So I will speak my mind. And although I have in the past referred to myself as “Rev. Gumpus” I remain just a lowly lay Brother who has intuited his own “Weird Task ministry” and who aims to stay true to the gospel of Jesus.

No comments: