Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Commemorating Honor


It wasn't an election; it was, and it remains, a coup.

Regardless of how disabling Trump Derangement Syndrome can be, how can anyone NOT STAND UP for protecting our sacred right to vote—and instead accept this treasonous voter fraud? This is something real Patriots can neither accept nor comprehend. 

 

In fact, I’d venture to say that one would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to see the manifest evidence that has been painstakingly amassed since November 3. Here’s one compilation of that evidence, in case you missed it: https://www.scribd.com/document/489742970/Election-Evidence-Summary

 

Thus, I'll be tromping around downtown D.C. on January 6. I intend to protest both the inaction and the inappropriate action of those perceived to be “without honor” in this whole, tawdry affair. For liberty-loving Americans, preserving the representational democracy inhering in this, our precious constitutional republic, is the most crucial matter of all at the moment.

 

But more to the point:

The big, largely un-talked-about elephant-in-the-room during both the popular and electoral vote brouhaha is the subject of HONOR. 

 

I won’t get into castigating those guilty of who have already dishonored themselves; that’s all too plain to see (if you have eyes to see, that is). So rather than whine on about it, let’s take a deep dive into:

 

·        what honor is;

·        why honor is important;

·        investigating and analyzing the horribly disfigured state of honor in the world today; and,

·        proposing just how we might go about recovering our honor as individuals and our collective honor as a People.

 

To help prime the pump, I’d like to introduce a decidedly intelligent and thoughtful essay on the subject. At the outset, however, I confess that its length has defeated my tenacity to read it completely. (On my first reading I got to about Part VI when I started trailing off...) But then, the essay is so rich that I don't think it is necessary to read it all the way through in order to get a discussion going re. HONOR.

 

Without any more than that as an introduction I offer Towards the Recovery of Honor: The Art of Verbal Swordsmanship by an author known only as "Caryl," whom I believe (going strictly by her online "profile") is, or was, a professor in the Philadelphia area. The piece was written on or before March 1996. It had been published online in April, 2008, but has since vanished, only to be recovered by the Way Back Machine. Go figure:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190815200843/http://recovery-of-honor.blogspot.com/

 

I think SOTN readers will find it both punny and engrossing. I hope so anyway. And if it is still possible to engage in some sort of friendly dialogue and mutually satisfying conversation, in these days of character assassination and instant dismissal, I propose we see if we can get a dialogue on HONOR going, indirectly at least. 

 

I have suggested to the SOTN editor that readers, if they feel so inclined, might contribute essays on their own reflections about HONOR. Caryl’s essay does indeed prompt the reader to think deeply about the subject, even though it has already aged a quarter-of-a-century, presaging the 9/11 Event, the crash of 2008, the debilitating Obamination era, and the current Communist incursion on America among other stigmatizing events that come to mind.

 

Dated as the essay is, however, it has aged well. It presents cogent insights on the “art” of honor (viz., “verbal swordsmanship”) and meditations on how honor in our society and in our world might be recovered. Hence there is plenty of grist for the mill here from which to begin a discussion.

 

On this day, as patriots are arriving and surrounding the Nation’s Capital by their presence, my purpose is only to present this author Caryl’s essay. Over the coming days and weeks we might indeed engage in a dialogue about HONOR in the context of a group effort.

 

I’ll certainly pitch in with my own effort very soon and I hope others will too.

No comments: